There’s already drama on So You Think You Can Dance.
The reality dancing competition premiered last night with some strong contestants, including Deon and Damon, aka D-Day twins. The b-boyers, who auditioned in Atlanta, Ga., wowed the judges and were sent straight through to Vegas.
Nigel Lythgoe praised the two for their unique style and choreography, but Season 3 contestant Dominic Sandoval (D-Trix) argued on Twitter that the two stole their routine from the Les Twins.
D-Trix Tweeted: “The D-Day twins friends from SYTYCD ARE WACK!!!.. YALL BIT LES TWINS AND YOU KNOW IT!… WHEN I SEE YOU IMA SMOKE BOTH OF YOU!!!” “Same song.. same exact routine. not inspiration.. same everything = BITE.”
He went on to say: “In the hip hop community you don’t do routine exactly the same. Extremely disrespectful.”
But fellow Season 3 finalist Neil Haskell is giving the two the benefit of the doubt: “I’m leaving my mind open for a sec, maybe they didn’t get to explain themselves ya know?”
Here is the routine from Les Twins:
Recent Posts on SYTYCD.net:
- So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 Winners – Amy & Fik-shun!
- So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 Runners Up – Aaron & Jasmine
- Nigel & Mary talk about So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 and 11!
- So You Think You Can Dance at The Emmys!
- So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 – Cat Deeley is the best